Starting salary is commensurate with experience, expertise, and education. The City of Meadows Place offers a highly competitive benefits package including: Texas Municipal Retirement System (7% contribution with 2:1 match), paid vacation and sick leave, as well as ten (10) paid holidays. The City of Meadows Place also offers 93% employer paid medical, dental, and vision coverage with optional employee paid supplemental health/life insurance, as well as access to an optional 457 deferred compensation plan. Annual salary: DOQ
The City of Meadows Place, a type A general law city, is accepting applications for the position of Director of Public Works. The City of Meadows Place (pop. 4,460) has a municipally owned, water/wastewater operations, Type 1 reclaimed water system, wireless automated meter reading system, lake and parks irrigation system.
The following are the essential duties of this position:
1) Perform supervisory and administrative work in directing, supervising, and coordinating the operations of the Public Works Department including the following operations: streets maintenance, municipal building and facilities maintenance, city irrigation system, water/wastewater.
2) Oversee all public works projects and coordinate with contractors and city engineers to ensure quality, timeliness, and safety. Read and interpret plans and specs. Set departmental goals and determining long range planning. Ensuring compliance with city policies and procedures. Reviewing and ensuring compliance with State and Federal guidelines. Submitting TCEQ annual reports regarding Stormwater Management, Water Use, and Water Conservation, etc.
3) Supervise, manage, and evaluate all public works personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures per City policy.
4) Assess and monitor work load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement; direct and implement changes.
5) Assess and monitor the City’s infrastructure to provide adequate levels of public service both for existing systems/networks and extensions/developments. Ensure efficient and safe operation of all City utility systems and proper licensure.
6) Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the Public Works Department budget; approve the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; review/approve monthly billing, process payment authorizations, approve expenditures and implement adjustments as appropriate and necessary. Oversee and manage City Public Works Contracts including water, wastewater and solid waste pickup, mosquito, and contracts for street repairs, traffic control, and fleet maintenance. Report any issues to City Administrator and be prepared to report and give feedback to City Council. Present quarterly reports on the department to City Council. Perform Meter Reading via City software and Beacon Eye on Water web site.
7) Represent the Public Works Department to other city department, elected officials and outside agencies; coordinate Public Works Department activities with those of other departments, outside agencies and organizations.
8) Represent the Public Works Department to the general public, coordinate / facilitate Public Works activities with public service needs. Attend and assist in City Parades and Festivals as needed.
9) Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
10) Perform other duties as assigned.
11) Reports to City Administrator.
12) Subject to twenty-four (24) hour call.
Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, engineering or related field: 10 plus years related experience, including 6 years supervising in public works programs and personnel: and a Valid Texas Driver’s License.
Licenses Required or Must Obtain within 18 Months of Employment